We have conducted thousands of fire investigations, ranging from small, domestic fires to major incidents involving commercial and industrial buildings. High profile cases include Flixborough (1974), York Minster (1984), King’s Cross (1987), Piper Alpha (1988), Windsor Castle (1992), Sun Valley Poultry (1993), Edinburgh Old Town (2002), the Momart art warehouse (2004), Buncefield (2005), Cutty Sark (2007), Hyatt Regency Churchill hotel (2014), Clandon Park House (2015) and Battersea Arts Centre (2015). These investigations have benefitted from:
- Our many years of experience
- Our in-house technical reference library, which contains a unique collection of technical papers, textbooks and reference works
- A number of in-house databases, as well as access to many external scientific databases
- Our experience on the Government’s Arson Control Forum committee, which designs national fire investigation protocols and procedures
- Our experience lecturing on fires at academic institutions, at the Fire Service College and at international conferences
Our forensic scientists and engineers offer reliable advice, site visits, comprehensive reports, and assistance with any subsequent litigation, including providing expert evidence both in the UK and abroad.